The ACT Community works because YOU work! Our needs are constantly changing, but there are always ways in which you can help, for example:
- landscaping - to keep everything maintained.
- electrician services: to wire the building: installing lights, plugs, and more; examine the building's systems to analyze any problems and repair if found.
Items We Need:
Ice Maker (Restaurant Grade)
Carpet & Padding for upstairs backstage
House hold flat paint
Toilet Paper & Paper Towels
Plastic Coat Hangers
All Sizes Gloves
ACT has an agreement with Collin, Dallas and Denton Counties whereby we take youth that have been court-assigned to community service, providing a safe place for youth offenders to fufill their hours in a welcoming and educational environment. Interested parties may work (generally Monday-Saturday from 9AM to 9PM) at the theatre painting, building, cleaning, sewing, running errands, landscaping, and assisting in the technical aspects of theatre. ACT mentors youth offenders by pairing them with an adult supervisor who will monitor their activities and encourage their interest in the arts.
You do not need to call to make an appointment, but do call on the day you are coming to make sure someone will be here (972-881-3228).
ACT does not require any pre-screening or paper work prior to starting nor do we have training or require any fees or processing from workers. You will be supervised by staff when here.
While at ACT, workers are advised that while on the premises they are recorded by video surveillance and throughout their stay they are under video monitoring. There is no cell-phone use in the building and no fraternization with staff, actors or ACT families. Personal possessions should be left in your car, and you must check in and out with the staff - your hours will be logged and your sheets will be signed accordingly.
Participants are required to observe of our Code of Conduct listed on this site. ACT is happy to host your volunteer/community service hours and pledges to treat you with respect and tolerance, we expect you to do the same while in our home. Thank you!
ACT offers Volunteer Community Service hours M-S from 10 AM - 5 PM Additional hours may be available you must call ahead of time to request additional hour time slots 972-881-3228. If no-one answers please leave a message. We have a small staff & will return your call ASAP.
You do not need to call to make an appointment, but do call on the day you are coming to make sure someone will be here.
1. Things to remember when coming to do community service or volunteering.
2. Call one hour before you come in. (we don't want you to drive over & we are all at lunch
3. Bring food / water
4. Remember to log in & Out and leave a copy of your time sheet in the volunteer folder (otherwise you were never here)
5. No suggestive or revealing clothing
6. No logos of unprofessional nature
7. Wear comfortable clothes you do not mind getting dirty
8. Leave your personal possessions in your car & your phone turned OFF
9. If you leave without clocking out, all hours for that day are void.
10. Come with an attitude of gratitude & be nice!
11. If you are sick (fever, cough, headache) stay home!
Qualified Electrical Work
Service Club hours
College Resume hours
Court Appointed hours
Public Serive Projects
Scouts & Troupes
Fraternity or Sororitiy projects
Those looking to learn more on site job training